Friday, December 30, 2011

Pimm's

Back in college, I was told by one of my English neighbors about Pimm's.  She couldn't tell me what it was exactly, but just that it was an amazing thing they drank back home.  Fast forward to my first year out of college, and I'm being told similar by my Oklahoman (I believe), actually is a grandma, co-worker.  Pimm's is apparently the shit, regardless of age or national origin.

Finally, one fateful night in San Jose, I have Pimm's and ginger ale, and it was grand.  Why wasn't I drinking this all along?  And why does no one carry this?  Of course, I can't really tell you what it is.  It's a liqueur, per the label, and it tastes "herbal".  There's a sweet bitterness (similar in fashion - but not flavor - to grapefruit).  And it's awesome with ginger ale.  I have yet to have it in lemonade, but that's supposed to be pretty good too.  I'd give it a try tonight, but I'm taking the evening off from drinking.  Between last night and tomorrow night, some rest must be had.

No comments:

Post a Comment